AHR EXPO ATTENDEES: From 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. CST on Jan. 27, join a group of industry experts, including the editorial staff of Contractor Magazine, for a Tweet-up at the 2015 AHR Expo. The chat’s hashtag will be #AHRChat. We know you’re busy at the show but hope to see you at the chat!
Questions for this chat will include:
- What are the pros/cons of the Nest thermostat? Any other brands out there that you have sold to customers in the recent months? #AHRChat
- Are energy efficient products becoming more popular in an effort to help the environment or to save money? #AHRChat
- For those in the market for a new work truck, what brands are you considering? Why? #AHRChat
Twitter Chat Best Practices:
1. Log in to your Twitter account.
2. Visit the #AHRChat thread by clicking on this link.
3. Be ready when the chat begins at 3 pm CT. At this time, the first question will be shared.
4. All questions will be marked as Q1, Q2, etc.
5. To respond to a question, please use the letter A and the question number: A1, A2, etc.
6. Make sure your tweets include #AHRChat, so we can track your response. If your tweet exceeds 140 characters, make sure you end the first part of the tweet with “…” followed by #AHRChat. Then continue your answer with another tweet.
7. We'll ask one question every 10 minutes.
Our #AHRChat Team:
Bob Mader, Senior Director of Content for Penton Media
Mader has been writing and reporting on the industry since the mid-1980s and contributes to CONTRACTOR’s print edition as well as Radiant Living and Green Mechanical Contractor. On line, he is a contributor to Contractormag.com, which is also host to his blog, As I See It.
Terry McIver, content director, ContractingBusiness.com.
Terry McIver is content director for ContractingBusiness.com. He has covered the HVACR industry for 10 years. His communications career spans 27 years, in which time he has served in all major editorial roles for three trade publishing companies.
Candace Roulo, senior content editor, Contractor.
Candace Roulo, senior editor of CONTRACTOR and graduate of Michigan State University’s College of Communication Arts & Sciences, has 15 years of industry experience in the media and construction industries. She covers a variety of mechanical contracting topics, from sustainable construction practices and policy issues affecting contractors to continuing education for industry professionals and the best business practices that contractors can implement to run successful businesses.
Scott Arnold, content director, HPAC Engineering.
Described by a colleague as "a cyborg ... requir(ing) virtually no sleep, no time off, and bland nourishment that can be consumed while at his desk" who was sent "back from the future not to terminate anyone, but with the prime directive 'to edit dry technical copy' in order to save the world at a later date," Scott Arnold joined the editorial staff of HPAC Engineering in 1999. Prior to that, he worked as an editor for daily newspapers and a specialty-publications company. He has a bachelor's degree in journalism from Kent State University.