This chat has concluded. To read highlights from the discussion - and grab a discount code to Contractor Leadership LIVE -- visit #CLLchat Previews the Best of Contractor Leadership LIVE!
How does a contractor make the transition from being a manager to becoming a leader? Leadership entails being an influencer, not merely the boss. While many successful contractors have put in place systems to manage their processes, those with true leadership skills can influence their teams to produce results that are wins for the contractors, their service technicians and their customers.
Join us and 5 of our world-class educators speaking at Contractor Leadership LIVE for #CLLchat on Tuesday, August 15th, 8-9 PM ET where we’ll answer the following questions:
- How does a technician make the mental change to being a business owner?
- A contracting business owner may confuse being management with ordering people around. How does the owner make the transition from boss to “leadership”?
- What are the differences between management and leadership?
- How does a contractor figure out that he really needs to hire middle management?
- How does a contractor learn to let go and let his new middle managers manage?
- What are some leadership tactics that contracting business owners can use to get the most out of his team?
- What kind of resources can contracting business owners tap to get leadership training, either in-person or online?
- There are various contractor associations, best practices groups, and franchises available for contractors. How does a contracting business owner figure out which one is best for him?
When: August 15, 2017, 8-9 PM ET
NEW: Come to the chat with questions about how contracting business owners can transition from management to leadership. We will use our world class educators who will speak at Contractor Leadership LIVE to address your issues or maybe even hook you up with some help.
What is #CLLchat?
#CLLchat is a Twitter-based conversation where contractors can talk directly to our speakers at Contractor Leadership LIVE before the show about how contracting business owners can transition from management to leadership. The chat takes place on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time. #CLLchat is moderated by Robert Mader, Editor-in-Chief of Contractor and will feature five top HVAC experts/educators:
- Ellen Rohr - The Business Makeover Expert®
- Weldon Long - Best Selling Author & Creator of the HVAC Sales Academy
- Drew Cameron - President, HVAC Sellutions & Energy Design System, Inc.
- Mark Matteson - Bestselling Author of Freedom from Fear and A Simple Choice
- Gary Elekes -President, EPC Equity
- James Leichter - President & CEO of Aptora Corporation; MR. HVAC LLC; RA Tax and Accounting, Inc.
#CLLchat will start off with some prepared question, but encourage participants ask questions anytime during the chat.
New to Twitter chats? Here’s how to participate:
- Log onto your twitter account like normal.
- Then open http://tweetchat.com/room/cllchat or twitter.com/hashtag/cllchat in a new tab
- You will need to authorize that they can access your account.
- You can type your responses there without having to worry about the # being added.
- You will see the chat all there. You might need to refresh the page from time to time.
- Re-tweet posts of other users in the chat to fully engage and network in this chat
- Ask a question or respond to someone else in the chat using the hashtag #CLLchat
- The discussion will last a very fast-paced 45 minutes, followed by 15 minutes during which participants may ask questions of the group on any topic.
- Questions will be identified as Q1, Q2, etc. Responses from participants should be written as A1, A2, etc.
- Tools like Tweetchat, Hootsuite, TweetDeck and others can make it easier to participate.
- Ideas are welcome on CLLchat but commercialism is not.
If you miss a chat, Storify transcripts will be available on Contracting Business Success section of ContractingBusiness.com after the chat. We gladly accept requests for questions at [email protected].
Join us for a great live conversation about how contracting business owners can transition from management to leadership. Also as a thank you for participating we will give you a discount code at the end of the chat for 40% off to attend Contractor Leadership LIVE 2017, taking place September 12-14 in Cleveland, OH.