FOND DU LAC, WIS. — Beginning as a small steam heat and plumbing shop in 1880, J. F. Ahern Co. today employs about 1,000 people in five states, and sales for 2004 approached $160 million. J.F. Ahern executives said the company plans to make 2005 memorable for employees and customers.
David Ahern, an Irish immigrant whose focus was on customer service and quality, founded the company here. By the turn of the century, Ahern was installing modern and efficient plumbing and heating equipment, the company said.
Four more generations of the Ahern family have since carried on David Ahern’s legacy. Today, J. F. Ahern Co. offers a full range of mechanical and fire protection services throughout the Midwest.
“Reaching such a milestone is rare for any business, and the fact that we have grown and thrived in such a competitive industry is a testament to our dedicated employees and loyal customers,” President and CEO Tripp Ahern said. “This anniversary provides us with a unique opportunity to thank everyone involved in our success.”
Plans for the anniversary celebration include:
- A 25-ft. company timeline, installed permanently in the main building at the Fond du Lac campus;
- Charitable donations recognizing the anniversary;
- A softbound printed book on the company’s history, to be distributed to customers, potential customers and employees;
- Clothing and trinkets adorned with a custom-designed 125th anniversary logo; and
- Anniversary flags, banners and decals to be displayed in and around the company’s buildings and jobsites.
For more information, contact Marketing Director Kathy Bowe at 920/907-5437 or [email protected].