HOLLYWOOD, FLA. -- The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) recently completed a successful 83rd Annual Education and Business Conference at the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Fla.
The association elected a new president, Gary Hile, chief plumbing/mechanical inspector for the city of Anchorage, Alaska, and vice president, Bruce Pfeiffer, senior plumbing inspector for the city of Topeka, Kan., as well as three new Board of Directors members: David Gans, combination building inspector, city of Oceanside, Calif.; Martin Cooper, building inspector, Foster City, Calif.; and Jim Humphrey, Jr., president, Humphrey Company, Ltd., Houston, Texas.
During the opening session, IAPMO honored five members who have gone above and beyond on behalf of the
association with the following awards for 2012:
- Joseph Kneidinger Green Contractor of the Year: Kevin Tindall, Tindall & Ranson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, Princeton, N.J.
- American Flag Award: Bob Adler, plumbing inspector, city of San Jose, Calif.
- Government Person of the Year: Martin Cooper, building inspector, Foster City, Calif.
- Industry Person of the Year: Larry Facer, business manager, UA Local 140, Salt Lake City, Utah (retired)
- George Kauffman Lifetime Achievement Award: Jed Scheuermann, assistant training coordinator, UA Local 290, Tualatin, Ore.
Former United States Navy SEAL, Rhodes Scholar, humanitarian and writer Eric Greitens delivered the conference’s keynote address. Conference goers participated in top‐notch seminars and code workshops and played a critically important role in the development of the 2015 versions of the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) and Uniform Mechanical Code (UMC) during the four‐day event.