VERSAILLES, FRANCE — The U.S. Department of Energy announced that Team Rhome from Universitá Degli Studi di Roma TRE has won the Solar Decathlon Europe 2014. The team’s Rhome for Dencity house received first place overall in the final award ceremony of the competition in mid-July in Versailles, France.
Second place in this international competition went to the Atlantic Challenge team from Nantes, France, for its Philéas house. Team Prêt-à-Loger from Delft University, Netherlands, placed third for its house, A Home With a Skin.
Two of the 20 teams represented U.S.-European partnerships. Team Réciprocité (Appalachian State University and France’s Université d’Angers) placed ninth, and Team Inside Out (Rhode Island School of Design, Brown University, and Germany’s University of Applied Sciences–Erfurt) placed 14th.
The final standings are:
Rank Team Score
- Universitá Degli Studi di Roma TRE 840.63
- ENSA Nantes, ESB, Audencia Group, Audencia Nantes, Ecole des Mines Nantes, ISSBA, IUT Nantes, Architectes Ingénieurs Associés, Atlansun, Institut des Matériaux Jean Rouxel, Medieco, Novabuild, SAMOA, and SCE 839.75
- Delft University of Technology 837.87
- University of the Arts Berlin and Technical University of Berlin 823.42
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts – School of Engineering and Architecture 804.75
- Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria – Valparaiso and Université de la Rochelle – Espace Bois de l’IUT 802.42
- University of Applied Sciences Frankfurt am Main 793.71
- Technical University of Denmark 780.01
- Université d’Angers and Appalachian State University 776.92
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya – Barcelona 776.24
- Chiba University 774.09
- National Chiao Tung University 772.15
- Universidad Nacional Autonoma de México and the Center of Research in Industrial Design and the School of Engineering and the School of Arts 760.17
- Rhode Island School of Design, Brown University, and University of Applied Sciences – Erfurt 657.46
- Universisad de Castilla – La Mancha and Universidad de Alcala de Henares University 650.44
- Costa Rica Institute of Technology – Cartago 588.8
- King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi 508.15
- Academy of Architecture and IIT Bombay 452.3
- Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest, University Politehnica of Bucharest, and University of Architecture and Urbanism “Ion Mincu” 348.49
- Université Paris-Est, ENSA Paris Malaquais, ENSA Marne la Vallée, ESTP Paris, Ecole des Ponts Paris Tech, ESIEE Paris, ENSG, and IFSTTAR 268.81
Congratulations to all the Solar Decathlon Europe teams.
The next U.S. Solar Decathlon is slated for the Orange County Great Park in Irvine, California, October 8-18, 2015.