Dina Dwyer-Owens, chairwoman and CEO of Mr. Rooter Plumbing’s parent company The Dwyer Group, was named a winner in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® Awards in the Southwest Area North program.
Dwyer-Owens was among a group of leading entrepreneurs selected by an independent judging panel made up of previous winners of the award, leading CEOs, private capital investors and other regional business leaders. The winners were revealed at a special gala on June 23 at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Dallas.
“To be among so many outstanding finalists and named a winner is a true honor,” Dwyer-Owens said. “I share this recognition with an incredible team at The Dwyer Group that continues to make the journey so rewarding. I’m thrilled to be part of the respected and prestigious Ernst & Young program that shines a spotlight on so many good things happening in the business world today.”
“Ernst & Young has honored outstanding entrepreneurs like this year’s winners for the past 26 years,” said Debra von Storch, Partner, and Strategic Growth Markets leader. “These business leaders have accomplished so much and contributed a tremendous amount to the economy and our community.”
The full list of winners for the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012 Southwest Area North Award are:
• J. Ross Craft, Approach Resources Inc., Ft. Worth, Texas
• Jim Dixon, CompuCom Systems, Inc., Dallas
• Gerald J. Ford, Diamond A-Ford Corporation, Dallas, Lifetime Achievement Award recipient
• Michael Casid, Dymatize Enterprises, LLC, Farmers Branch, Texas
• Daniel L. Jones, Encore Wire Corporation, McKinney, Texas
• Nitin Ahuja, Entercoms, Inc., Irving, Texas
• Rahul Singh, PhD, Entercoms, Inc., Irving, Texas
• Randy Foutch, Laredo Petroleum Holdings, Inc., Tulsa, Okla.
• J.R. Thomas, MedSynergies, Inc., Irving, TX
• Stephen L. Mansfield, PhD, FACHE, Methodist Health System, Dallas
• Mary Murcott, NOVO 1, Ft. Worth, Texas
• Steve Winn, RealPage, Inc., Carrollton, Texas
• Dina Dwyer-Owens, The Dwyer Group, Waco, Texas
• Ken Rees, Think Finance, Ft. Worth, Texas
• Will, Gruver, USP&E, Celina, Texas.
The Entrepreneur Of The Year Program honors entrepreneurs regionally in June, leading up to the national awards in November in Palm Springs, Calif. The US Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in Monte Carlo.
Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world. Awards are given to entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.