OLATHE, KAN.— Intended for residential and commercial applications, Grundfos recently unveiled the SuperBruteXL, models UPS26-150 and UPS43-100, featuring a three-speed wet-rotor design available in both cast iron and stainless steel material options. This motor advancement, pioneered by Grundfos more than 30 years ago, can adjust the pump speed to fit specific applications.
Grundfos expanded the three-speed circulator range due to the success of the UPS15-58 SuperBrute. All new pumps contain the same features of the original SuperBrute. SuperBrute not only reduces the number of circulators, it also reduces installation time and callbacks. SuperBruteXL offers a flow range of 0 to 65 GPM and a head range from 0 to 46 feet. It can handle fluid temperatures from 36°F to 195°F with a maximum working pressure of 145 psi.
Other standard features include the following:
- Wet-rotor design: The circulated water surrounds the rotor, so its shaft and bearings are constantly in contact with and cooled by the water being circulated. The wet-rotor design doesn't require a fan, so it provides quiet operation, and the circulator is maintenance-free.
- Two different material options: In addition to the cast-iron and cast-iron-rotated models, the SuperBruteXL is available with a stainless steel volute for more challenging, aggressive water environments.
- The easy-to-read LED: A user-friendly feature that allows the installer to know if the circulator is running.
- Integrated flange ports: The threaded ¼-in. NPT flange ports allows easy installation of the temperature sensor, pressure gauge or any other accessory (only available on UPS 43-100 models).
- Installer-friendly pipe connections: The circulator’s volute has a standard two-bolt flange with a built-in nut-capture feature that holds the bolt steady during tightening. Spared from having to use a second wrench to keep the bolt from slipping or turning, the installer has a free hand to hold the circulator in place.
- Compact design: SuperBruteXL is compact, easy to install and easy to service. This simplifies installation and service in even the tightest of spaces.