ROLLING MEADOWS, ILL. -- Plumbing Manufacturers International (PMI) elected Stewart Yang, vice president of engineering, faucet design for Kohler Co., Board President for the year 2012. Yang was elected at the 2011 Fall Meeting, held September 18-21 at the Liaison Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. Yang succeeds 2011 PMI President, Jack Krecek, vice president and general manager, commercial channels for Elkay Manufacturing Company, who will continue to serve as PMI Immediate Past President.
Also elected to serve on the 2012 PMI Executive Committee are:
* Jeff Baldwin, engineering manager for T&S Brass and Bronze Works as First Vice President;
* Tim Kilbane, national sales manager for Symmons Industries as Second Vice President; and
* Fernando Fernandez, director of codes and standards for TOTO USA as Treasurer.
Newly elected Directors at Large include:
* David MacNair, vice president of marketing and Emerson brand officer for InSinkErator, and
* Peter Jahrling, director of design engineering for Sloan Valve Company.
Appointed the position of Director at Large is Bobbi Bieschke, chief financial officer for Amerikam.
Returning Directors at Large include:
* C.J. Lagan, senior manager of compliance engineering for American Standard Brands,
* Paul Patton, senior product development manager for Delta Faucet Company, and
* Tim Schroeder, president of Duravit USA.
Representing manufacturers across the plumbing industry, the PMI Board steers the activities of the organization. Board members must be actively employed by a PMI member company for consideration and are elected by the membership at the Fall PMI Conference for three-year terms that start the following year.
PMI 2011 President, Jack Krecek, has announced the appointment of three new Committee Chairs:
* Charles Hettrick, technical services manager for Delta Faucet Company and
* John Watson, LEED® Green Associate with Elkay Manufacturing Company,
have been named as the two new Co-Chairs of the Water Efficiency and Sustainability Committee.
In addition, Sal Gattone, director of program management for consumer fixtures for American Standard Brands, has been named as the new Co-Chair of the Fair Trade Committee. Also serving on the Fair Trade Committee is Dale Gallmann, corporate codes compliance manager for Bradley Corporation.
The new co-chairs began their terms at the PMI Fall Conference. Their terms run from Fall 2011 through Spring 2014.
PMI congratulates the 2012 Board of Directors and the new committee co-chairs and looks forward to seeing their contributions to the organization in the coming months.