DALLAS – The American Fire Sprinkler Association recently unveiled 13 newly updated report of inspection forms. The forms are designed to cover the mandatory inspection, testing and maintenance requirements for fire sprinkler systems detailed in the 2008 edition of "NFPA 25: Standard for Testing, Inspection and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems."
The 2008 NFPA 25 forms are up-to-date with the 2007 edition of "NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems." They offer inspection documents that outline the rules for the care of fire sprinkler systems, standpipe and hose systems, fire pumps, fire service piping and appurtenances, water storage tanks, fixed water spray, foam-water and valves.
The updated forms include:
- 103A - Report of Inspection (General Information Section) – one page
- 104A - Report of Inspection (Inspector's Section) – one page
- 105A - Weekly Report of Inspection – two pages
- 106A - Wet Pipe Fire Sprinkler Systems - Inspection/Testing/Maintenance – four pages
- 107A - Dry Pipe Fire Sprinkler Systems - Inspection/Testing/Maintenance – three pages
- 108A - Standpipe Systems - Inspection/Testing/Maintenance – four pages
- 109A - Foam Water Systems - Inspection/Testing/Maintenance – three pages
- 110A - Fire Pump Assemblies - Inspection/Testing/Maintenance – six pages
- 111A - Private Fire Service Mains - Inspection/Testing/Maintenance – three pages
- 112A - Water Storage Tanks - Inspection/Testing/Maintenance – three pages
- 113A - Preaction and Deluge Fire Sprinkler Systems - Inspection/Testing/Maintenance – four pages
- 114A - Report of Obstruction Investigation and Internal Condition of Fire Protection Piping – two pages
- 115A - Report of Testing of Pressure Regulating Valves – one page
The 2008 forms for inspection, testing and maintenance of fire sprinkler systems can be downloaded by AFSA members for free at www.firesprinkler.org. However, the 2008 forms are not yet available for sale in printed pads.
Because so many jurisdictions around the country are still operating under the 2002 NFPA 25, the 2002 revision of the forms are still available for member download online as well as printed in pads of 25 three-part NCR paper. The AFSA member price is $10 per pad and $25 per pad for nonmembers.
Additional information is available at 214/343-8898 or at www.firesprinkler.org/store.html.