ORLANDO, FL. — Bell & Gossett (B&G), a Xylem brand, celebrates 100 years of engineering industry-leading commercial HVAC and plumbing products at the 2016 AHR Expo, Jan. 25 through 27, in Orlando, Florida. Key highlights include highly efficient pumps and energy-saving system solutions, as well as an additional educational offering through B&G’s Online Little Red Schoolhouse.
“For 100 years, Bell & Gossett has been a leader in efficiency, education and system expertise,” said Mark Handzel, Vice President, Product Regulatory Affairs, and Director, HVAC Commercial Buildings. “While the industry’s landscape has changed over the years, Bell & Gossett continues to focus on helping our customers achieve higher energy efficiency and decrease costs. As we look ahead to the next century, we will continue providing high-quality products, offering world-class training and serving as a thought leader on industry trends.”
In line with its focus on greater efficiency, the Xylem booth will feature B&G’s POWER OF e product portfolio, including the newly launched Series e-80 inline pump and the award-winning ecocirc® XL large wet rotor circulator pump. Xylem’s expansive product range and advanced technologies provides customers with high-performance and reliability.
The POWER OF e platform emphasizes the dedication B&G places on reducing building energy consumption. The Efficiency Island concept is a critical element of the POWER OF e, highlighting Xylem’s superior design for improved overall system energy savings over a broader range of operating conditions.
New virtual training course
The Little Red Schoolhouse, located in Morton Grove, Illinois, has been educating the industry for more than 60 years with its hands-on hydronic system training. The newest course, offered through B&G’s Online Little Red Schoolhouse, features four modules about waterside economization, adding depth to the industry-leading program and its 22 modules on centrifugal pumps and piping system basics.
The free, interactive, self-paced program enables engineers, wholesalers and contractors in the HVAC industry to access the training from a computer, tablet or any mobile device via a dedicated learning app. The online courses reach a global audience and qualify for continuing education credits. To learn more about the Online Little Red Schoolhouse, visit http://bellgossett.com/training-education.
“It’s critical for our industry to have a strong, practical knowledge of HVAC and plumbing systems and how all the various components work together to create the highest efficiencies. This is one reason we’ve invested so much in our one-of-a-kind, systems-based training approach. We are proud to continue that commitment by expanding the Online Little Red Schoolhouse offerings,” said Handzel. “The web-based training system meets the needs of our changing workforce demographic by providing flexibility and greater accessibility for those who are seeking continuing education opportunities.”
B&G product showcase
B&G’s POWER OF e of product portfolio for commercial building services applications has the largest Efficiency Islands compared to other similar pumps, enabling customers to maintain significantly higher levels of efficiency over a much wider range of operating conditions. Products highlighted at Xylem’s booth include:
- TechnoForce e-HV – Launching at AHR, the TechnoForce e-HV is a pre-engineered pressure booster package, offering highly efficient variable speed solutions for high-rise buildings, educational institutions, hospitals and industrial facilities when additional potable water pressure and flow is required.
- BPX 2’’ Double-Wall brazed plate heat exchanger – The new BPX 2” Double-Wall brazed plate heat exchanger delivers the highest level of leak protection, safety, thermal efficiency and durability in a compact, low-cost unit. The double wall provides complete peripheral braze for additional strength, four leak ports guarantee quick and easy leak detection, ensuring excellent performance for domestic water applications.
- e-1510 end suction centrifugal pump – Recognized as the 2014 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Product of the Year, the e-1510 was redesigned to offer the largest Efficiency Islands, enabling users to maintain higher levels of efficiency over a wider range of operating conditions, reducing energy consumption, improving system performance and lowering life cycle costs.
- e-80/e-80 ITSC – The newly launched series e-80 and e-80SC pumps are a comprehensive redesign of the B&G legacy Series 80 and 80SC pumps. Developed using state-of-the-art computational fluid dynamic (CFD) techniques, these pumps provide best-in-class hydraulic performance and optimized performance improvements while delivering a broad efficiency range for fixed or variable speed operation in an inline configuration.
- ecocirc XL large wet rotor circulator – Recognized with a 2015 AHR Expo Innovation Award Honorable Mention and a 2015 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Product of the Year silver award, the energy-efficient circulator leverages exceptional hydraulic performance, advanced motor design and smart communications capabilities to improve operations across a broad range of commercial HVAC and plumbing applications.