SENECA FALLS, NY – “In the Field with Goulds Water Technology,” on the Solving Water: A Xylem Podcast feed, has launched “Small Business Toolbox,” a series dedicated to helping water industry professionals succeed in business.
“Owning a small business is challenging even in the best of times, but especially during these times of uncertainty,” said Susan O’Grady, Xylem director of marketing, residential and agriculture. “This series highlights important business fundamentals for water well industry professionals to ensure they are as knowledgeable about the financial side of business as they are on the technical aspects of water systems.”
The five-part series features conversations from the 2019 National Ground Water Association’s (NGWA) Groundwater Week with Jeff Williams, vice president of Spafford & Sons Water Wells and former president of the NGWA. He is also lecturer for the NGWA Foundation’s 2020 McEllhiney Lecture Series in Water Well Technology, and tours the country delivering presentations to various NGWA chapters on financial literacy and business fundamentals.
Industry professionals can listen to episode one of Small Business Toolbox: Learning (& Teaching) Small Business Finance in the Groundwater Industry now via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify and YouTube. Episodes in the series include:
- Episode 1: Jeff Williams discusses his experiences as a leader in the groundwater industry. He shares his focus on learning and teaching the important financial fundamentals of running a small business and explains the value of combining professional expertise with business savvy.
- (April 6) Episode 2: Profit Sharing, Corporate Culture and Employee Incentivization — Russell Rauch, general manager of Hughes Supply in Statesville, North Carolina
- (April 20) Episode 3: Making Sense of Variable and Fixed Costs — Jeff Williams, vice president of Spafford & Sons Water Wells, Jericho, Vermont
- (May 4) Episode 4: Getting the Best Value on Groundwater Industry Assets — Jeff Williams, vice president of Spafford & Sons Water Wells
- (May 18) Episode 5: Maintaining Your Small Business’s Legacy With an Exit Strategy — Jeff Williams, vice president of Spafford & Sons Water Wells
About ‘Solving Water’
“Solving Water: A Xylem Podcast” wades into the trending topics, technology and behind-the-scenes stories of Xylem’s work addressing water challenges around the world. In each episode, Xylem experts and industry thought leaders discuss water challenges and solutions as they apply to Xylem’s wide range of applications from residential, commercial building systems, rural and agriculture technology, water utilities and more. “Solving Water” also features how Xylem is helping make water more efficient, safe and sustainable for all.
About ‘In the Field with Goulds Water Technology’
“In the Field with Goulds Water Technology,” a resource for Xylem’s residential market, co-hosted by Xylem’s Amanda Holloway, Americas PR and social media leader, features episodes on modern residential wastewater challenges, VFD applications, training and education and how Xylem Watermark is bringing accessible drinking water to communities in need. Listen to all previous episodes of “In the Field with Goulds Water Technology” here.
How to Listen
Audiences can listen to “In the Field with Goulds Water Technology” on “Solving Water: A Xylem Podcast” via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify and YouTube. Be sure to listen, rate and review. To learn more about Xylem visit, www.xylem.com.