ICC Learn Live will address the most pressing issues and priorities for building safety professionals such as training the next generation of talent, the impact of COVID-19 on building safety and the economy, adopting virtual capabilities, and an in-depth overview of the upcoming 2021 International Codes (I-Codes). Educational sessions will offer continuing education units (CEUs).
Sessions will cover:
- (Monday, November 9, at 3 pm ET): COVID-19 Global Impact Panel: A group of distinguished international panelists will discuss the impacts of COVID-19 on the building safety industry throughout the world. Speakers will address economic impact, best practices and pandemic strategy. Register here.
- (Tuesday, November 10, at 11 am ET): Sneak Peek at 2021 Code Changes: The Code Council will debut significant changes to be released in the 2021 I-Codes. Get a sneak peek at the updated building, residential, fire and plumbing codes, and get a head start on your peers! Register here.
- (Wednesday, November 11, at 12 pm ET): Remote Virtual Inspections – Recommended Practices: Earlier this year, the Code Council released Recommended Practices for Virtual Inspections. This overview will include suggestions for implementing an effective and consistent remote virtual inspections program and how to assist jurisdictions in adapting readily available technologies in their own inspection programs. Register here.
- (Thursday, November 12, at 3 pm ET): Evolution of Careers Building Safety Panel: A panel of industry experts will provide discuss the industry’s need for new professionals and the various ways to get involved. Register here.
- (Friday, November 13, at 12 pm ET): Keynote Address: Discovering the Building Safety Profession and Networking. Eric "Doc" Wright, Founder and CEO of Vets2PM, LLC, and Amazon #1 best seller, will share his experience as a Veteran entering a new career. Register here.
Having launched its Coronavirus Response Center earlier this year, the Code Council’s ICC Learn Live event is the next step in the association’s strategy to provide building code officials, construction workers, and relevant parties with the resources and tools necessary to adapt.
“This event is not just about COVID-19, but rather covers many aspects of the building safety industry,” said Code Council Chief Knowledge Officer, Joan O’Neil. “Through this online education event, we hope to provide a more in-depth and personalized experience that will educate attendees on the changing landscape and provide the necessary insights to navigate it.”
The ICC Learn Live event is sponsored by Oracle and Insurance Service Office (ISO). To learn more about sponsorship opportunities or add your company’s name to the list of supporters, click here.
For more information on the various sessions and to register for ICC Learn Live, click here.
Pre-orders for the 2021 I-Codes are available here.