In 2012 I had the pleasure of meeting Weldon Long, entrepreneur, motivational speaker and author. He was the keynote speaker at the Radiant Professionals Alliance’s first annual meeting during Comfortech.
Weldon is known for turning his life around and becoming a successful HVAC salesman and author of the books “The Upside of Fear” and "The Power of Consistency.” I read both of his books and recommend them to you.
“The Upside of Fear” has won awards and was also endorsed by Dr. Stephen R. Covey, author of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” and Tony Robbins, author and motivational speaker. His most recent book, “The Power of Consistency” is a Wall Street Journal and New York Times Best Seller.
To give you a taste of Weldon’s background, during his keynote at the RPA’s meeting in 2012, he spoke about spending more than a decade of his life in prisons and halfway houses. After contemplating what led him down a path of crime, he had some realizations, and came up with the four steps that would turn his life around. These same steps can also be applied to running a business. You will have to read “The Upside of Fear” to learn the four steps.
I just finished reading Weldon’s book “The Power of Consistency.” This book is something anyone owning a business or wanting to improve their life needs to read. The basis of the book is on how to train your mind and master the “Prosperity Mindset,” which helps overcome many of the curve balls that life can throw your way.
The book also helps you create a simple plan to create results based on what you truly want out of life: improving your business, career, personal life, etc. Weldon helps you become focused on what you want; teaches you the importance of being emotionally committed to achieving your goals; tells you why it’s important to have a Quiet-Time ritual every day; and how to be responsible for the decisions that you make every day.
While reading Weldon’s book, I jotted down quotes from him and others that hit a note with me. Hopefully these quotes will inspire you to pick up Weldon’s book and develop your very own Prosperity Mind set!
“Circumstances do not make the man, they reveal him.” — James Allen
“We become what we think about all day long.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.” — Mark Twain
“That’s been one of my mantras—focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains. — Steve Jobs
And here are my Top 10 favorite quotes from Weldon Long in his book “The Power of Consistency:”
- “The only real question is whether you are going to let the obstacles put a boot in your ass or whether you are going to put a boot in theirs.”
- “You never know what someone can accomplish if they want it badly enough.”
- “To succeed you need to nip the complaining in the bud and find a way to prosper despite challenges and adversity.”
- “To overcome any challenge you need to get your mind right and develop a prosperity mindset that is geared and programmed to transcend any obstacle.”
- “The key is to define just one or two things that ensure success and do those things consistently.”
- “The key to improvement is in recognizing the error of our ways, finding a better course of action, and being consistent in moving in a more positive direction.”
- “To be a better person, sales person, employee, or employer than you are today you need to understand how to create personal change in your life.”
- “To achieve real success you must see yourself in your mind as a successful person. It’s up to you to choose the life you want to love, envision it, and then build it.”
- “Was it merely possible to become something different merely by thinking something different?”
- “Private affirmations dictate future actions.”
If you are ready to improve your business, sales results, and life, this book is for you. Check it out today!