GAITHERSBURG, MD. -- The National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB) is pleased to announce the appointment of Tom Meyer as director of technical services.
As the association’s technical expert, Meyer will be responsible for the quality of NEBB’s technical programs, including publications, training, education, advising and testing content.
Meyer has more than 25 years of experience in hydronics. Prior to joining NEBB, he was the director of government and professional affairs for the ESCO Group. He is a past president of Precision Hydronics Corp., an international hydronics design, consulting and training firm. Meyer was the founding executive director of the Green Mechanical Council, a non-profit providing education to create and maintain environmentally sound, high performance and energy efficient structural mechanical systems. He was formerly the president of Praxis Green Inc., an international sustainability consulting and training firm where he collaborated with several U.S. agencies and foreign governments develop new high performance and sustainable building standards. Meyer co-authored the new Residential Building Code for Kuwait, which was passed into law this year, and he taught the new Code to Kuwait government engineers at the University of Kuwait. He also was an advisor and project coordinator for the Office of the Architect of the Capitol in Washington DC.
He is a member of the High Performance Building Council, High Performance Building Congressional Caucus Coalition, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) Green Technical Committee, and is HVAC Chair of the IAPMO Green Technical Committee. Meyer graduated from Ohio State University.
He has the following credentials:
- DES - Designer of Engineered Systems (State of Wisconsin)
- CSME - Certified Subject Matter Expert - Hydronics (HVAC Excellence)
- GGP - Green Globes Professional (GBI)
- CBCP - Certified Building Commissioning Professional (Association of Energy Engineers)
- QCxP - Qualified Commissioning Professional (University of Wisconsin)
EBCP - Existing Building Commissioning Professional (Association of Energy Engineers)
Meyer is a member of the following ASHRAE Committees:
- SSPC 134 – Graphic Symbols for HVAC and Refrigerating Systems Standard – Chair
- TC07.04 – Energy Analysis for Sustainable Buildings - Chair
- STDS-SGPC 0 – The Commissioning Process Standard – Vice Chair
- MTG.BPM – Building Performance Metrics – Member
- SSPC 90.2 – Energy-Efficient Design of Low-Rise Residential Building Standard - Member
- TC06.06 – Radiant Heating and Cooling - Corresponding Member
- Best Practices for Commercial Buildings – Energy Subcommittee
NEBB is the international association of certified firms that perform testing, adjusting and balancing of HVAC systems in addition to building systems commissioning, building systems retro-commissioning, fume hood testing, building envelope testing, and cleanroom certification. NEBB is the leading source of industry information providing standards, procedures, publications, specifications, text books, study courses and newsletters. Additional information on NEBB is available at http://www.nebb.org.