WESTPORT, CONN. — The latest innovations in the HVAC/R industry will not only be displayed on the show floor at the 2010 AHR Expo, Jan. 25-27, they will also be a hot topic at many of the nearly 50 free educational sessions being offered to contractors, engineers, wholesalers and other HVAC/R professionals during the three-day event at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida.
“We’re excited to have so many organizations partnering with us to conduct these popular educational sessions,” said Clay Stevens, president of International Exposition Company, which manages the AHR Expo. “It’s a great opportunity for AHR Expo attendees to gain valuable knowledge at little or no cost during this year’s show.”
The 2010 session program features a wide range of topics, allowing attendees to obtain a better understanding of the newest trends and technologies impacting the industry while also providing them with the opportunity to find practical solutions to their various challenges. Leading industry experts will present each of the sessions being offered by the more than 20 organizations endorsing the 2010 AHR Expo. Attendees are allowed to participate in as many presentations throughout the three-day program as their schedule permits. Some of the valuable sustainability-focused sessions include:
- -Energy Star: Your customer's path to green, sustainable buildings, presented by the U.S. EPA's Energy Star program.
- -The great debate: Target and Walmart on saving energy, presented by the Department of Energy Commercial Building Initiative.
- -Electricity, buildings and HVAC: The next frontier for system integration — building technology integration with the electric grid will drive energy savings and environmental benefit, presented by GridWise Architecture Council.
The 2010 AHR Expo Education Schedule is available at: http://www.ahrexpo.com/.
There will also be special programming available at the show, which will be presented by other industry experts. Cost to attend these sessions varies and can be found on at http://www.ahrexpo.com/. A few of the sessions include:
- -LEED half-day workshops: The United States Green Building Council will provide practical knowledge on how to be an essential and knowledgeable part of a LEED team and how to manage a LEED project from the first client meeting to final certification.
- -Solar air-conditioning and refrigeration workshop: International Energy Agency will present the basics of solar collector technology, open and closed cooling cycles and equipment, current systems experience, including systems in North America, design guidelines and economics of solar cooling.
The 2010 AHR Expo is endorsed by 31 HVAC/R industry associations and is co-sponsored by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers and the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute. The Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Institute of Canada is an honorary sponsor. ASHRAE's winter meeting is held concurrently with the AHR Expo each year.
A complete educational schedule and registration information can be found at: http://www.ahrexpo.com/.