ST. LOUIS, MO — Employees of Marcone, a North American distributor of appliance, HVAC, plumbing, commercial kitchen and pool and spa parts, recently joined thousands across the country in placing wreaths on the gravesites of fallen soldiers in an act of gratitude for their sacrifice.
On Saturday, December 16th, Marcone employees took part in Wreaths Across America, a nationwide initiative involving two million volunteers placing wreaths at more than 3,700 cemeteries across the US, Puerto Rico and abroad.
Although Marcone has participated in Wreaths Across America in the past with volunteer teams in St. Louis, Tampa and Pensacola, the company decided to expand its commitment for 2023. It purchased 1,000 wreaths and coordinated teams in 10 cities nationwide to place 100 wreaths each. Employees responded eagerly and all volunteer slots were filled in a matter of hours. Wreaths were placed on graves at the following cemeteries:
- Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, Missouri
- Memorial Park Cemetery, Tampa, Florida
- Western New York National Cemetery, Corfu, New York
- New Albany National Cemetery, New Albany, Indiana
- Houston National Cemetery, Houston, Texas
- New Jersey Vietnam Veterans Memorial and Vietnam Era Museum, Holmdel, New Jersey
- Barrancas National Cemetery, Pensacola, Florida
- Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery, Bear, Delaware
- State Veterans Cemetery, Middleton, Connecticut
- Dallas Fort Worth National Cemetery, Dallas, Texas
“At Marcone, we make a point of remembering that our freedom came at a high cost,” said Avichal Jain, Chief Executive Officer. “We participate in Wreaths Across America as a remembrance of life and show of gratitude. It was a privilege for us to be able to offer this small act as a way of acknowledging their ultimate sacrifice."