INDIANAPOLIS, IN — Today during Work Truck Week® 2023, David Scheitlin, director of operations at Holman—Manufacturing & Distribution (Roanoke, Indiana), was installed as 59th Board chair of NTEA—The Association for the Work Truck Industry. He accepted the position from immediate past Board chair Tina Albright, vice president of human relations & safety at Truck Bodies & Equipment International Inc.—TBEI (Lake Crystal, Minnesota), a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation (Oak Brook, Illinois).
“For nearly 30 years, I’ve seen how important our industry companies are where we live and work,” said Scheitlin. “It’s been an honor serving our vibrant commercial vehicle community as part of NTEA’s Board, and I’m excited for this next chapter serving as Board chair.”
Scheitlin’s industry career began in 1994 when he joined Auto Truck Group (now Holman), working to learn the business in operations and in the engineering department. In 1996, he relocated within the organization, becoming operations manager of Auto Truck Group LLC—Fort Wayne (formerly Fort Wayne Fleet Equipment). Three years later, he helped start Louisville Truck Equipment, while retaining his responsibilities at the Fort Wayne facility. Throughout his career, he helped start two other new facilities and is currently director of operations with responsibility for three production facilities.
His educational background from Purdue University (West Lafayette, Indiana) includes a bachelor’s degree in aeronautical and aerospace engineering and a master’s of science in management.
Since being elected to NTEA’s Board in 2018, Scheitlin has worked to further Association and industry progress. In addition to serving on the Executive Committee, in recent years he’s chaired the Services Committee, Finance & Investment Committee, Data Committee and Board Development & Recruitment Committee. In addition, he’s been involved with the Education Committee, Chassis Liaison Committee, Business Development Working Group and MVP Task Force.
2023–2024 NTEA Board
Also serving on the Board’s Executive Committee are:
· First Vice Chair Jason Ritchey, President and Owner, Curry Supply Company (Martinsburg, Pennsylvania)
· Second Vice Chair Ben Winter, Director of Business Development, Transfer Flow (Chico, California)
· Third Vice Chair and Treasurer Rick Albertini, CEO, Phenix Truck & Van (Pomona, California)
· Secretary Steve Carey, President & CEO, NTEA (Farmington Hills, Michigan)
Serving on the Board as Directors are:
· TJ Blandford, CEO, Woodbine Manufacturing Company (Woodbine, Iowa)
· Marc Ellison, Director/VP of Sales, InterMotive Vehicle Controls (Auburn, California)
· Pat Godwin Jr., Corporate President, The Godwin Group (Dunn, North Carolina)
· Joe Lewis, Vice President, ATW Truck Equipment/CM Truck Beds/Dakota Bodies (Kingston, Oklahoma)
· Todd Mouw, Executive Vice President, ROUSH CleanTech (Livonia, Michigan)
· Mike Randolph, President – Work Truck and EV Solutions, Fontaine Modification (Charlotte, North Carolina)
· Brian Tabel, Executive Director of Marketing, Isuzu Commercial Truck of America (Anaheim, California)
· Chris Weiss, Vice President of Engineering, The Knapheide Manufacturing Company (Quincy, Illinois)
· Dave Zelis, Executive Vice President, Buyers Products Company (Mentor, Ohio)